Dear Brothers and Sisters,
We are happy to announce that we are hosting our 2nd Annual Fall Festival on Saturday, Oct. 18th at Christ the Savior Church! We have expanded the event considerably this year and we are all so very excited! This year’s event is being held on a Saturday, rather than Sunday, and will last from 9am to 6pm.
-The church-wide yard sale will open to the public at 9am, and fresh
cooked blini, baked goods and coffee/tea will be available from the beginning.
-The entertainment begins at 10am with our first dancing performance by our parish youth and this will lead right in to our first church tour and choir concert.
-Beginning at 11am, we will begin serving hot food, including fresh cooked shashlyk (marinated Russian meat skewers). Much effort has gone into the food selection this year and we are confident you will love it! Choices will include the following:
- The Russian Platter, which includes Pel’meni, Devlied Eggs, Oliviye, Vinegrette, Cheese and Crackers and a drink
- Fresh Cooked Blini (Russian pancakes or “crepes”) with a choice of sides
- Fresh Cooked Shashlyk (24 hour marinated chicken skewers cooked fresh over charcoal)
- The Classic Option: Hot Dog platter with chips
Food will be available while it lasts, so come early!
-Beginning at 4pm, a clothing charity drive will take place. Free clothing will be available to families in need while our supply lasts. If you know someone who needs a coat for winter or other clothing, PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
Other entertainment includes:
- A bouncy house for the kids
- Vendors, including the monks from the Hermitage of the Holy Cross
- and more…
The proceeds from this event will be used to launch our charitable efforts in Wayne, so please come and support us. May
the Lord richly bless you and may He grant that we will see you soon!
Fr. Jonah Campbell
Pastor, Christ the Savior Orthodox Church